March 21, 2015

Hello Spring!



It has been sunny, but cold day.
Wind is blowing straight from north.
But it is vernal equinox,
so it is time to say "Hello, Sun!" and bring some spring in.

Yesterday we had a chance to admire solar eclipse.

I took some photos with my mobile through welding glass.
Solutions were interesting.

For celebrating the sun I bought some flowers and made center piece.
Tulips and Tazettas (Narcissus tazetta).
I wanted to put both on the table,
but not tulips in bunch.
I found out, that I have only one clear glass vase for single flower.
So I turned to use bottles.

First one had all stickers on it,
and those of course needed to cover.

I decided to do it simple by using very popular way:
rotating the rope around.
I didn't glue it,
just rotated it around and tied.

Then I gathered things on the placemat.
There are tazettas in tins bought from Ikea.
Three tulips: one in soda bottle, 
one in Ikea vase 
- and one in higher bottle.
There are my glass eggs waiting for Easter time
There are also yellow tea light cups, 
which I have got from my daughter year or two ago.

As I bought more than few tulips,
I also put some on the corner.

And third tazetta ended up on the other speaker

Welcome, sun!

2 comments :

  1. Tulppanit ovat kyllä komeita vaikken minä noista kukkasista muuten niin kovin paljoa perusta mutta täytyy tunnustaa se että kaikkinaiset rehut mitä Valkyriakin täällä meillä vaalii ja hoitaa, ovat sellainen piristävä sisustuselementti jos näin voidaan sanoa. Varsinkin kun ne intoutuvat joskus kukkimaan (älä kysy niiden nimiä koska mulle kaikki kasvit ovat kirjovehkoja) :D

    Auringonpimennys oli hieman vaisu näillä leveysasteilla enkä kyllä ole varma että tähätäilinkö taivaalle oikeaan aikaan mutta olin työstämässä yhtä juttua hallilla ja katselin kans hitsausmaskin lasin läpi tätä harvinaista ihmettä (seuraava lienee joskus sadan vuoden päästä?)

    Rattoisaa viikonloppua mutsi <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos, Paimen! Täällä on rattoisa viikonoppu: pikku prinsessa yökyläiee, joten hupia ja ohjelmaa riittää :-) Toivottavati sielläkin viikonloppu sujuu mukavasti!

      Delete