March 14, 2014

Kitchen renovation - 10 years ago

When we moved in to Halkis on 2000, 
the kitchen was in quite bad shape.
I remove all - really all - cabinet doors 
and so we lived with very open kitchen for 9 months.

During that time I made a little change: I painted tiles. 
They were white with bright yellow square in the middle...
After  9 moths my hubby got tired and made doors:


Of course it would be nice, 
if he would clean all the mess on counters and shelves, too.

I wasn't waiting any change for years, 
but in 2004 I got whole new kitchen!

During the years I had draw my dream again and again,
but still, when we were in store, I was terrified 
if I had metered something wrong.
What if the kitchen will be disaster?

Just two weeks before Christmas old cabins were teared off 
and the floor was ripped out:


Men made some plans on the wall 
- and there is seen a slight of yellow tiles, too:


Tiles were teared off next:


And the wall:


 This was the time I was thinking, 
are we totally mad? 

A week before Christmas my living-room was looking like this:

pay attention of style of late 90s'
Floor needed to sand and I was worried 
if new one won't come in time.
We wanted it without any seams, 
so it was coming straight from factory.

New tiles - Villeroy and Boch, I can tell - 
the only luxury in here. 
Bought in the sale 5 €/square meters. 

Electricity were made by professional:


I filled the cupboards as soon they were screwed on walls:


During few days there suddenly happened everything fast.
Cupboards were hanged, 
counters (laminate) was laid, 
electrician was working here and there:


I was hanging papers in the middle of the night 
and this was facing me next morning:


Paper is heavy, plastic covered, 
which can be washed with water and brush.
Special adhesive couldn't handle it
- so I finally used glue.

Glass shelves into window corner:


And finally Christmas eve came last two counters and we were ready:


Two hours before my mother and brother came over.
The only change we have made afterwards,
was a place for coffee station:


Those green curtains haven't been hanged into my house ever since.

2 comments :

  1. kitchen renovation! this is amazing, i got many wonderful ideas for my messed up kitchen. i love seeing pictures like these, being a house wife this is what i look for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! After all these years I am still happy with my kitchen. It has woeked for me great. Hope you'll find suitable for you, too!

      Delete