January 30, 2016

Every penny is count

After depression of 90s', my hubby has been unemployed in winters.
When the ground freezes, his job is done.
And we don't know, if he'll go on in the spring -or if he does, when.
Firm he worked for, might have gone with the wind.
I should get used to it already.
But I really haven't.
Anxiety hides around the corner.
So I count pennies.


When hubby is laid off,
there will be quite a big whole in our incomes.
Some years I am more prepared for that, some less.
This is a year, when I am less prepared.
I realized, that I really don't know,
how much we spent f.e. for groceries.
So, I took a notebook and a pen and wrote everything down.

I created different categories, like dairies, meat, fish and eggs, bread etc.
I wrote done things already in December,
but not whole month,
so I had some idea, 
how much space each one will need during the month.
Well, treats hardly fit on their space...


I do my shopping mostly twice a week,
so writing down didn't take much time,
and I also try not to change my shopping habits,
as I know, that paying attention often affects
that you change you behavior.

I already knew,
that we drink a lot of milk.
But 55,5 litres was a slight surprise.
I also have bought 2 kg of cheese
and 3,5 litres of yoghurt.

20,82 kg different kind of fruits:
apples, grapes, clementines, peas, oranges, bananas
and almost 10 kg of different vegetables.

Bread. Cold Cuts.
Dry products, mostly oatmeal.
Margarine, 800 g,

Meat 11,155 kg, eggs 40 pc.

Dairy59,86
Fruit and vegetables37,65
Meat, chicken,fish and eggs44,19
Bread16,07
Cold cuts13,41
Dry products3,07
Seasonings, canned foods, jams1,45
Grease0,78
Ready meals8,40
Coffee, tea, cacao19,68
Treats25,57
Total230,13
Cleaning supplies, hygiene46,52
prescription drugs44,35
Animal food and supplies140,16
Clothes15,94
246,97
Gas120,00
597,10
sundries265,53
Total862,63



We haven't been eaten all the meat,
there is still plenty of it in freezer.

This is yet not enough to make decent budget,
after three months, maybe.
But based on this and knowledge,
what I am having in closets already I might get some kind of meal plan done.

2 comments :

  1. Hyvä postaus koska sillä on merkitystä mitä ostaa ja ennenkaikkea mistä ostaa. Asia jolle en laittanut ennen mitään arvoa ja heittelin ostoskoriin kaikkea mitä mieleen juolahti mutta ei enää, ei todellakaan. Ihan pienellä ja vaatimattomallakin suunnittelulla saa aikaan melko helvetinmoisia säästöjä ja etenkin kun karsii ne turhat, pienet herkut pois ja ostaa niiden tilalle vaikkapa hedelmiä joista saa pienellä vaivalla ihan yhtä hyviä makean nälän tyydyttäjiä kuin kaupan mässyistäkin.

    Onneksi kauppojen keskinäinen kilpailu on johtanut huimiin hinnan alennuksiin. Järkyttävää sen sijaan on ollut nähdä kuinka paljon niissä on ollut ilmaa (ja on edelleen) mutta sen antaa anteeksi koska nykyään saa vajaalla viidellä kympillä kaksi muovikassillista safkaa. Parhaimpina (kalleimpina) aikoina viiskymppisellä ei saanut edes yhtä kassillista.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Itse olin aivan järkyttynyt, kun mies kävi ostamassa tölkin (1,5 l) tuosta kaikkein lähimmästä kaupasta:1,99 euroa. Suomalainen maito saksalaisessa kaupassa maksaa 0,70 eur/l. Eli hintaero on 0,63 eur/l. Meidän maidonkulutuksella tekee vuositasolla mielenkiintoiset reippaat 400 euroa... Hedelmien ja vihannesten määrä mua aina pohdituttaa, tuleeko niitä tarpeeksi? Herkuista meillä ei varmaan päästä eroon, koska lääkärit ovat huolissaan tuon ukkelin alhaisesta painosta, eikä esim. rahkojen ym lisäys ruokavalioon ollut onnistunut veto (paino laski 2 kiloa ja päätyi alipainon puolelle), niin viimeisen vuoden ajan on sitten iltapalaksi ollut tarjolla suklaata. Paha vain, että meikäläisellä ei ole samanlaista paino-ongelmaa, mutta suklaa maistuu kuitenkin... :DD

      Delete