November 15, 2015

Looking for kitten safe Christmas decor...

I have been surfing in Pinterest during last weeks.
Looking for decor ideas,
that wouldn't be destroyed by kittens right away.
I have found tons of lovely pastries.

I tried to do something
- had no idea, what - 
from paper doilies.

I was robbed right away,
and someone else had fun tine...
Not sure if I ever get anything done with all the "lace" I cut.
They might need some ironing, too...
As kitten took all the little Christmas balls and roses 
from Kekri decor
for their play last week,
,
it is quite clear,
that they will do it again.
But I want something nice on the table
- and around me.
So I decided to take a risk.
If they can see decor long enough,
they might not pay so much attention on it later.
I hope.
And if I do it early enough,
I'll have time to fix damages.

I started with the last indoor flower I have left.
Miina helped.
I put it into metallic basket,
which I fell in love year or two ago in sale.
With it there is also hyacinth,
which I have grown sometime now.
To be honest:
I bought few flower bulbs in early fall,
and never planted them.
So I decided to try an idea I saw in Pinterest (where else?).
I put some sand and just a little water in vase 
and put bulb on them.
It took weeks,
before I could see any progress,
but one day there were roots,
and now there is some green!
Maybe I am getting hyacinths for Christmas.

There is plenty of room,
so I carried into it also silver-glittered branches
and two pots,
where I can put Christmas flowers later.

Next to basket I put a lantern,
some Christmas balls and star lights in it.
Roses are a little damaged,
some kitten has bitten them...
I hope my favorite Christmas balls will be safe.

Into big lantern I put once again light branches.
And all the little Chirstmas balls I could find around the house.
And few silver pines,
Area by the window in dinner nook is ready.

No comments :

Post a Comment