June 12, 2014

Weed of the week - horsetail

My garden is full of weeds.
Some are liked, some are not.
I know, there are people, who thinks, 
that any plant growing where it shouldn't be, is weed.
I don't feel that way.
But even I have some plants I cannot stand all over.

I am not sure if horsetail is one of them.

Horsetail is a fun looking weed.
When I was a child, 
we imagined with my friend,
that early spring horsetails are growing snakes...


Even though we already then knew,
they aren't,
I still get shivers around them.

Their roots are sly.
They are brown or even black
- and s they are hard to see.
And to boot, they look like dead:


During the early summer they grow
and soon they looks like trees of fairies:


If I would have household silver,
I would pick them and polish my silver bright.

I haven't, so I just weed them.
If I don't have better things to do.

No comments :

Post a Comment